Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Sounded A Little Like Paul Revere

"My family is coming! My family is coming!" That is all I would say for the weeks leading up to my cutest family coming to visit me in New York! See, aren't they fun? Don't you wish you could have ran around NY with them for a week?
I was really glad that my family was able to see where I live in the Heights because how many people get to experience anything above the top of central park when they come to Manhattan? They would miss things like Fairway Market and Dino BBQ (get the fried green tomato's...WOW!)
Has anyone else heard of The Chip Shop? It's in Brooklyn, I ADORE Brooklyn! Apparently Glen Beck featured this little dive on his show and my father had to eat there while he was here. It's hilarious and lots of fun to visit. The Sheppard's Pie is amazing and the fish and chips were great! Rhett was a little more adventurous and got the fried pizza and Mac&cheese. Not so good! Fried Twix however will probably change your life!
My father also decided that he would take pictures with every member of New York's Finest that he saw. One of these pictures is not like the others...Can you tell which one it is? (I loved this game in Highlights)
Lost in the forever maze of the subway

Top of The Empire State Building

Connie wandering off in Central Park...This picture kind of reminds me of the movie "Watcher in the Woods" That movie is AWESOME! Nerak! Bhah, I just scared myself a little.
Took the podium tour of the Statue of the Liberty. Super cool and learned all kinds of history. My mom and I went to West Side Story. Loved it! I cried into my program the whole second act and black ink got on my face. After the show we got pictures with Tony. We only had Rhett's Blackberry and my cutest mom ever had a little trouble with the zoom! Mom seriously, I love how my picture turned out!
Those were some of the highlights of Leslie's Family fun!... So other family that didn't come...COME!!!! I am so much fun!!!
I hope you had fun little family! I know I did!

11 comments:

Gail said...

I love that you have seen Watcher in the Woods! We always joke about that movie. The first time I saw it I was at my friends house and we were like 6. His mom put it on for us, because it was a disney movie and she thought it would be fun. And then she left us there to watch it alone.

Robert and Lindsay said...

you are so much fun... so i've heard! family visiting is the BEST!!Glad you had a good time!

Rhett said...

Wow, that first day of hard touring was something my system couldn't quite handle. After eating, at least, at three restaurants, including chip shop, I had food poisoning for the next 3 days.... Could've been the Vietnamese. Nah.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Leslie I just got a little teary eyed looking at all the pics and having great memories. I am missing you very much. What a great place to visit and live. We had a wonderful time! My visiting teachers came over yesterday and I got to tell them a few of our adventures. I can't help it and I don't even care if they might not want to hear! I am so excited when I tell them I think they get excited too. Love Mom

Curtis Family said...

Yay! I'm glad I found your blog! That is awesome that your family got to go visit you! MY TURN!!! :o)

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

I love this post!! It has so many of my favorite people in it!! The fried food looks.....scary, yet adventurous. I'm glad Rhett tried the fried pizza. Even though you said it wasn't so good, I'd still want to try it.
So, the hidden picture thing, is it the one with Dad and Connie, and no cop? Or the one with mom and the cop? Or, the one where it looks like you the fam standing with the missionaries?? Oh, tell me tell me!
And why is it that Connie always ends up with a creepy picture?! Remember your wedding? The demon child? I love it!
Dad looks adorable with his headphones on. Mom was smart and fashionable by sporting hers around her neck.
Mom told me the story about trying to take the picture with the West Side Story guy. I laughed so hard, and I LOVE that I got to see the picture of it. It's true love, I can tell.
And, last but not least. When I saw Cutest Couple written on that picture, I figured it would be one of Mom and Dad, or you and Rhett. But no, it was Dad and Rhett. I LOVE IT!! I laughed so hard!
I love you, and am so glad you posted about your adventure.
Love
Sarah

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

Oh wow! When I started reading this post you had 0 comments. When I was done posting my looooong comment, you already had 5!! See how famous you are! Imagine, all of these fans checking your blog every second for an update. You know what this means, you need to post more often! I'm serious. Satisfy your fans!! Including me.

Crystal said...

Deep fried Twix? Oh yes please.

Heidi said...

i want to come visit New York and have you as my tour guide. We really just might after I stop nursing Mikah if we have the money. Nate and I are due for a trip with just us.

Rheslie said...

Gail- ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! I died laughing when I read that! How frightning. As you can tell that movie still freaks me out...When are you going to let your son watch it?

Sarah - The Missionaries don't match! Great job! I really like the picture of dad and Rhett too! It's so sweet. Dad put his arm around him all on his own. I miss you and your girls like CrAzY!

Heidi - YAY! Come! Rhett and I would love that PLUS, Rhett super plus loves Nate and it would be fun!

Cryz- Yeah, you get here and I promise I will buy you one!

Abbie said...

AHH!! Fun! I wish I could have met them while they were here. I love the pictures of the NY finest. Your dad is so cool! And you got pictures with Tony?!?! That is awesome. Ah, Tony...