Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Solstice

Monday was the longest day of the year! Unless you count the day Rhett made me watch the entire Rambo series...Blarg.

New York celebrated it by hosting a Yoga session in the middle of time square. They called it "Mind Over Madness" which was appropriate because Time Square is the WORST!!!! People are psychos and everything is so loud and flashy.
I had such a great time. there were tons and tons of people. Apparently 5,000 yoga-ers registered for it and maybe this sounds dumb but I really felt like we were a big team, all of us just trying to NOT go crazy!
I like yoga, I like the colorful mats, I like that I can workout barefoot, and I like that I can practice being bendy.

14 comments:

Abbie said...

You're so cool!

Anonymous said...

have you ever tried hot yoga?? it's awesome and horrible, all at once!!

Rheslie said...

I have never tried hot yoga...I am really scarred of it. I get hot just doing it with the AC on!

Heidi said...

I am loving Yoga. In fact...Nate takes a yoga class once a week! I've done it with videos but I really love having a teacher. It is my indulgence now that Nate is done with school. And, i'm on my way to getting buff. Power Flow Yoga. And Nate is in a basic flow class, but might start taking Astanga.

Crystal said...

I am Leslie, hear me roar!

Anonymous said...

Les i love that you love the colorful mats, being barefoot, and showing off how bendy you are.

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

YAY!! That looks like so much fun! I'm so glad you like yoga....I hate it (but I admit, the colorful mats are cool). Even though I hate it, I would still want to do it in time square. You are my inpiration!

samcurtis said...

I totally forgot that you are freakishly flexible! That's funny! Looks like fun!

Melanie Hahn said...

I like that you like the colorful mats! I'm not a yoga person, I wish I was though. Maybe I'll try again to like it...

Crystal said...

Wow, Les, so many comments about you doing yoga. If I posted about me & yoga, it'd take place in my living room. In my underwear. To a prenatal video. Nowhere near as glamorous.

Rhett said...

"I like that I can practice being bendy," is probably my favorite ever.

Marisa and Rob said...

How fun and crazy at the same time!!!! I love the colorfully mats too!!! :o) K, I really need to come visit you!!! If you're ever in New Mexico let me know!!! :o)

Crystal said...

I love a Leslie who can do yoga with 5000 other people, but cannot manage to feed herself a proper lunch, not once this week.

Vicki Johnson said...

AWESOME!! Thanks for sharing this!