Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Last Minute Cruise

I got a call from Rhett. "Leslie, I found a really cheap cruise that leaves from NYC in a week and hey, it's my birthday. What do you think?"

"I think I need to go buy a SWIMSUIT!!!!"

Off we went on a week cruise to the Caribbean. Our first stop was Florida...I think both Rhett and I were a little bummed that our first stop was in the US and not on some exotic island.

HOWEVER, it might have been our favorite stop! We road on air boats through a swamp looking for alligators and talking on cool headsets. I felt like Maverick, which makes Rhett Goose...or does that make him Charlie?
Then we got to hold alligators, snakes and even a tarantella...freaking tarantella. *shiver*
Next stop was Stirrup Cay in the Berry Islands for some snorkeling. It was beautiful. A little different looking than the Hudson.
Then we were off to Nassau Bahamas for some super segway fun! We went all over and around these botanical gardens and to this really old military fort. Our tour guide was awesome because he took us to this big open Field and let us race around and practice doing tricks! I really really need to own my own segway now. They are the only way to travel.

Some of our on board entertainment included Jean Pierre the comedic Magician. He was pretty awesome and mostly I liked him because he knew Neil Patrick Harris.
A group from Second City also preformed on the ship. I can't begin to tell you how funny they were. The Tina Fey girl was a genius. Maybe its something about those glasses that make girls comedic gold?What is with my crazy face?

11 comments:

arly said...

Wow! Looks fun. Way to seize the opportunity!

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

Oh Leslie!! I am so excited for you that you got to go on a CRUISE!!! You are such a sexy Maverick!! I love those segways now, and love that you got to practice tricks! It's like he knew that that's what you guys really wanted to do! He's so smart! Most tour guides say things like, "Get your hands in the automobile!!" "Don't TOUCH that!!!" Not him! Yay!
Leslie! I love how your face changes when you are starstruck!! It's like you can't contain yourself, and your excitement starts gushing out of your face! It's so super entertaining!! You're the BEST!
LOVE YOU!
Sarah

Rhett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love your fun trip. Love segways, alligators, snakes, pretty ocean, comedy groups, magicians, glasses on cute girls, especially your face ,airboats, head sets, but not tarantellas Yikes!!!!!

Rhett said...

They should come out with a superhero on a segway. Some might say that mallcop was it. After seeing Lesle on a segway I think I found who mallcop kevin james new side kick will be.

Crystal said...

If you get a Segway, I'm going to start calling you GOB. I super heart love you and missed you the whole time you were in the Caribbean. Glad you had such a super fantastic time, and Happy Birthday Rhetter!

Curtis Family said...

That's awesome! Looks like so much fun!!!

lofgreenlegacy said...

How fun for you guys to just be able to go on a whim like that....what a blast!!!

Parag said...

Discount cruise are available in plenty and services offered by them are too fantastic. Various giants in cruise industry offer Cheap Last Minute Cruises for those on a budget and still expect same luxury and comforts. And they are generally not disappointed.

Marisa and Rob said...

FUN!!!!! Looks like you guys had a great time on you're Cruises!!!

Melanie Hahn said...

I'm jealous of your fun life :)