Saturday, July 10, 2010

What I Saw Today

Rhe loves to go to the movies, Slie hates it. But Slie loves Rhe so she goes with him every once and a while. We went and saw Knight and Day and it was super plus fun! I don't know why people aren't going to it? Maybe peoples movie budgets have been spent on toys and vampires?

Then we went walking around searching for food. I love scavenging neighborhoods finding secret dives that have never had a website, have never been rated by Zagats, have never been anywhere else in the world. It makes me feel special and like a champion treasure hunter.

Cafe Saint Honore was our trophy and it was amazing! Go go go...GO! This cute french woman runs the place and my grilled eggplant and pine nut pesto sandwich was amazing. Rhett's had some kind of magical bacon on his. Plus they have $1 slices of Pizza.

Then we walked around Central Park because I hadn't seen Bethesda Fountain running yet. pretty.

Fun wedding! and right before this, I didn't get a picture, a guy proposed to his girl and everyone was cheering! It was fun to see all the love.
The bubble guy was around and all the kids were foaming at the mouth to pop those bubbles. The guy kept asking them to back up but they couldn't, they just couldn't! It was all their little hearts wanted and their minds were so set on it. You could see the madness in their eyes. That being said, they were still pretty cute!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

you guys are super fun. i'm glad i have you on my blog list. next year nate and i want to go some place for our anniversary. can we visit you if the destination is new york? will you be our tour guide and take us to your special places that you have discovered?

Anonymous said...

Leslie what a beautiful day! By the way, your nicknames are even cuter now. I really want to see that movie. Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed it too. The wedding was pretty, loved the green. I liked how you knew how those kids were feeling. Did you want to pop the bubbles too?

Curtis Family said...

awesome! I am so jealous you get to live in a place like that!

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

I thought that Slie enjoyed the movies!? Remember our double feature movie day? What was it, "You've Got Mail" and "Notting Hill"? I just realized that we've been having Sister Day for longer than we realized!!!
I love that you are a treasure hunter!! Did you know that I have always wanted to be a treasure hunter? That's why I've always secretly wanted to be an archaeologist, because it's totally treasure hunting!
Ooooh, fun fun fun day at Central Park!! I love all the love! It seems so "New York"!! Is it just me, or is everyone in love in New York? That's what I'm imagining! Maybe it's the hopeless romantic in me. Glad you're having more and more adventures!
LOVE YOU!!!

andrea gale said...

i. love. you. guys. just wanted to put that out there.

Crystal said...

Here's the thing. People aren't seeing "Knight and Day" because of Katie Holmes. Because of all the crazy that Tom Cruise has been spewing, since he stole her soul - I mean, "fell in love with" her.

You know who I would let steal my soul? An eggplant sandwich.

Melanie Hahn said...

I just laughed so hard at that post, you are my favorite blogger, by far!!!!! What made me laugh hardest was the bubble blower part, how the kids had the maddnes in their eyes...I have SEEN that maddnes first hand, it's both frightning and fun lol.

Vicki Johnson said...

Awesome!
Love this post and the pictures are great.