Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Spy Who Loved Me

I deal with a condition called "chronic fear of things sneaking up behind me" or "CFOTSUBM." This illness can affect anyone, however it is usually brought on by a traumatic experience in a person's youth.

I can remember the experience like it happened yesterday. I was 10yrs old and I was sitting on my couch eating fruity pebbles. I turned on the TV and started watching America's Most Wanted. They featured a story about a man who was riding his bike when out of nowhere a truck drove up behind him with a 2X4 and hit the guy in the BACK OF THE HEAD!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!
After that I couldn't ride my bike down the street without looking behind myself every 2 secs. Other side affects began to appear, I could never walk in front of a shopping cart and walking though revolving doors is almost impossible...It's been pretty rough on me and on those that are close to me.

Rhett recently gave me a prize that brought back a glimmer of hope that I could lead a normal life. They are called "Spy Glasses" and they are amazing! Each lens has a reflective side that allows you to see what is going on behind you at all times.


I love them so much! It was such a fun and happy present and I am going to be sporting these things around NYC as soon as possible! Thanks for the present Rhett! Thanks for loving me, CFOTSUBM and all!

7 comments:

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

Oh my goodness Leslie!! I had no idea you had this debilitating condition!! Why have you never told me about this before!?
I am so glad that Rhett accepts you the way you are, and even helps you find ways to live a normal life!!

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

Can I just add, that you two are TOTALLY HOT in those shades? Leslie, you are the hottest.....don't tell Rhett.

Anonymous said...

How come you look so dang cute in your spy glass! Rhett your cute too, of course. Leslie I remember that episode. It was brutal. I Love that Rhett helped you with your condition.

Xandra said...

you're adorable. i hope you guys are doing well!

The Colbys... written by Erin said...

Just caught up on your blog!!! U guys r fun. I'm glad we r friends. I can't wait to get back and hang. We miss u!!!! Clear?? Now stop having so much fun without us!!

deb said...

Things sneaking up behind you better watch out for YOU! You look smokin' in those spy glasses! Love your blog!

Vicki Johnson said...

Adorable. I love the glasses, he is so thoughtful.