Monday, March 21, 2011

Days Of Thunder

Yeah, this weekend was like that...Minus Tom Cruise!

Where to begin?!?!? Well, for those who do not know I am the Cub Master (I like to use "Master" because it makes me feel powerful and like I have magic powers!) But, some might call me the Den Mother (see, not as fun.)

For WEEKS our Cub Pack has been working on building their very own car to be raced at the Manhattan Pinewood Derby. One parent put it best when they leaned over to me and whispered "Weeks of work for a few seconds of racing." Those few seconds were the CrAziEsT I have ever been a part of!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the event!





5 comments:

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

Oh my dear Master Leslie!! It looks like it turned out really well, and I have to say, I just love the looks on those kids faces in the first picture. I feel it shows an insight into the "excitment" you get to deal with on a regular basis!

Alisha said...

What a fun calling! You are the Master!

Abbie said...

Master Leslie, you win!!! I'm so proud of you. Look at all those happy boys that are in love with you. Now, where is your uniform?

Bah! I'm so in love with you!

Unknown said...

those are the cutest boys...you have to love them. they are so intent on watching the races; you have a big calling very challenging but looks like the pinewood derby was fun for all!

Melanie Hahn said...

Tom Cruise would have made it better, I have to admit heeheehee! Speaking of, you have to watch him in that movie Day and Knight, or Knight and day (can't remember which way it goes), he made me have a crush on him all over again. I love you Master