Monday, February 22, 2010

Documentery Madness

If I could eat a documentary I would. Then they would make a documentary about it. If I could make a blanket of documentaries I would. There probably wouldn't be a documentary about it but I think it would make a great conversation piece.

I just love documentaries right now. Here are my four favorite I have seen.


The Business of Being Born...GHAH! I love love love talking about birth. I've never done it but I love hearing other peoples stories. This D made me laugh cry and scream! It was really great to learn about birth from another perspective.


The Future of Food was crazy and while I know it was really one sided...It did a really great job scaring me into buying organic for the next few shopping trips. If you are sleeping really well at night and need something to worry about this is a good one to watch!

Pageant, oh Pageant... you pulled my little heart strings. All about the Miss Gay America and the men who enter. These men work so extremely, incredibly, soul achingly hard to win this competition.

The guy that hosts Bigger Faster Stronger reminds me of my brothers. He is super funny, cute, and sweet. (Hi brothers!) He takes a no opinion approach to steroids and just tells stories and in the end you might not think steroids are that big of a deal...Of course now I play a little game called "point out people maybe on steroids" It's almost as fun as "are those real boobs?"

12 comments:

Crystal said...

Question: Is "The Future of Food" the one that made Rhetter not want to eat any more corn?

Rheslie said...

No...well yes, this one talks about corn too. But the one that was talked about earlier is called king corn.

Anonymous said...

I do not want to watch a documentary, but I do enjoy hearing about them from you and I love sharing my limited knowlege about those subjects with you! Also another game could be "is that a real or enhanced boody!" I've never played but I guess it happens.

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

Well Leslie!! I DO want to watch these documentaries now!! Did you ever think that you are slightly liberal?? I promise I won't tell dad, but it seems you are open to listening to and trying to understand other peoples views about the world. I think it's a good thing. Go openmindedness (was that a word?)!!
The birthing one sounds interesting. BUT!! I don't want to worry about food at night....so I'll skip that one. I like what I eat, and I don't want to have to change. The pageant one sounds HILARIOUS!!! And the steroid one....interesting. I'd like to see their views on it. Is it really ok just because everyones doing it? Maybe, maybe not. I'm really not sure. I'm intrigued.
Have you watched the one about McDonalds food? Oh I loved it!! You should get it if you haven't.

Crystal said...

Sarah, would that be "Supersize Me" or "Fast Food Nation"? Jacob watched them in his nutrition classes and now he won't eat McDonalds. I don't want that to happen to me, so I don't want to watch!

Lesl - Have you seen "Spellbound" and "Word Wars"?

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

It was "Supersize Me" Crystal.....and don't worry. This weekend I tried the sweet chili sauce....so you won't be ruined for life!!

Rheslie said...

Sarah, I love you and yeah I think I am a little more liberal. I mean, compaired to our family and when I say family I think I just mean the boys in our family. (Hi boys). If I were to pick out one of these for you to watch for sure its bigger stronger faster. Its hilarious and Dan would like it too.

Cryz dizzl, I haven't seen the two you mentioned. I'm guessing they are about spelling bees and I think I have heard you mention how great they are from before. I will put them on my list.

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

I think there are a few things that I am liberal about also (don't tell dad)....and I think you're right...it's the boys (hi boys) in our family that are extra conservative....which isn't a bad thing.....and most of my views are that way. I'm excited for this documentary about the roids....I'll go ad it to my queue. LOVE YOU!!

Maddie said...

Hey Leslie! I found your blog through Abbie's. I'm really excited to watch all of these documentaries now. Thanks for the tips!

Rhett said...

I would make the documentary about the blanket of documentaries for you, just say the word.

Yes, she really did get super stressed about this, we went to Fairway supermarket the next morning. She also went back again yesterday.

Jen said...

Leslie, it's posts like this that make me miss you THAT much more! ...sniff, sniff...

Muffin Cake said...

Liberal! Hippie!

:::welcomes Leslie:::

I LOVE The Business of Being Born. There's also one called Pregnant in America that is interesting. And Laboring Under an Illusion is supposed to be awesome, though I've yet to see it. I love talking/watching/reading about pregnancy and babies too. Next time you're in the AZ we can sit around and talk about my homebirth and whatnot!!!

(sorry for calling you a liberal hippie...and Leslie's Dad I promise she hasn't come to the dark side!)