Thursday, February 25, 2010

YARNIGANS

SO, I have a super talented friend here in New York, Her name is Cris and she can knit scarves...WHAT! OoH! She is also really nice and agreed to teach me how, so we went to China Town to procure ourselves some yarn.
New York... How are you so cute and interesting all of the time? This was carved onto the step of an old closed down theater on the way to the store.

P&S Fabrics and Crafts was great, tons of fabrics and yarns and buttons and other things people who are craftier then I am would be happy to know about. Something I was really happy about was all the Tulle. I love tulle and I need to pre-appoligize to any future daughters I have because they are going to be covered in tulle, also ribbons, flowers, puffed sleeves...etc. ect.
(yup that's me.)
After the yarn buying we found a little place called Billy's Bakery So good, so cute. Get the pumpkin cupcakes. They are yummy...oh and GREAT hot coco!
Speaking of cupcakes, I was going visiting teaching that night and I had made my own mini cupcakes. As I was walking out the door I dropped them...GHAH! It was so sad. Rhett thought it was hilarious.

4 comments:

Rhett said...

The cupcake fiasco was hilarious for many reasons. Bless her heart, she was so worried about covering and transporting them to the place. We discussed multiple options on how to do it safely. Once it was settled she got up from the table and immediately the cupcakes went flying and the shrieking began. To add to that mishap was the irony of the ones that stayed on the tray, but they both still flipped over. HA! Now that one was for the books!

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

OK ok ok, I love New York for that little note in front of the theater!! How sweet!
Also! What a WONDERFUL place for fabrics and things!! I want to go there! I want to buy tule and I want to cover you and Rhett and your kitties in tule!! I love the picture of you as a baby in tule!! How wonderful and scrumptuos!
And your friend knits scarves!!?!!! I want a scarf! I want to learn to knit! I want to be cool like you!!
And I am so sorry about the spilled cupcakes!! That is SO sad, but I can totally see you screaming as they flew from the table! So sad! But think about it this way. Maybe the people you were supposed to be VTing were on a diet and the irresistable cupcakes would have thrown them off the diet for life. You just saved their diet actually!! You are wonderful!!

Marisa and Rob said...

I love that fabric store!!!! I need to be more crafty and I also need to learn how to sew!!! LOL :0) Every time I read you're blog, I want to go to NY NOW!!! It's looks like you're having so much fun there!!! I'm sad that you're cupcakes took a tumble!!! :0( I HATE when that happens....has happened a lot to me!!! :0( They look yummy :0)

Anonymous said...

Leslie you are so cute cute cute. Loved everything in this blog but that baby picture just broke my heart!