Monday, August 23, 2010

Three Flights Later...

I landed in Tucson Arizona. and yeah, I had to take three planes to get there. THREE! the number of times I had to face my fragile mortality in one day starting at 6:00am. blarg, but it was so worth it when I got to see the cutest grandparents EVER!

Say Hello to My Grandpa and Grandma Young, If you ever get a chance to visit them they will welcome you with lots of hugs. Then they will tell you how pretty you are and they think your bangs are just the greatest. Then you will be whisked into the kitchen where there will be a smorgasbord of treats and tasties waiting for you to garble up! They will continue to tell you how great you are and then take you out back to see something spectacular.



BHAH HA HA HA!!! These mini cows are the best things that has ever happened in my life! I don't know if you can tell how small they are from the picture but if you know prickly pear cactus you will know they are a short cactus. what a bad measurement tool, sorry. But trust me bloggies these little guys will "moooo-ve" into your heart the second you meet them. (I am not proud of that joke, but to be honest, I am.)

I got around town hanging out with my best travel buddies Daniel and Valarie, Another really cute couple taking second place to Grandma and Grandpa. They picked me up from the airport and drove me to anything and everything. Oh, and they let me drive!

How many of you recognize the Mayor McCheese spin ride from Mc Donald's? Isn't it AWESOME! My dad procured this from Mc-D's a long time ago and gave it to my grandparents who always have it set up and ready to play with. I'm not going to lie, all of your inner child's should be super jealous.

But spinning wasn't the only reason I went to AZ. I was there to see my friend Tara(left) get married to her hunk Jarom and to also stare lovingly at my friend Crystal(right) as long as possibly could.


I really like Tara and her sister Lacie, they are nice with curly hair. What more could a girl ask for?
The rest of my time was spent hanging out with my family celebrating Abbey's Birthday!
My lovely and talented sister made that tutu and she promised to make me three. Two for my cats and one for Rhett. Best sister ever right?!?! Happy Birthday Abbey! You are the coolest!
Clara and Bradley are the cutest little cousin friends. Bradley is the sweetest and Clara is a little wicked and cunning which reminds me of me, so she has a special place in my heart.
If you made it down to the end of this post you are in for a very special treat. BEHOLD!!! The first place Leslie lived after she moved out of her parents house! Trailer #4, A.K.A. The Fort.
And no, that bottom picture hasn't been distorted in any way, that is just the way it leans. This disaster of a trailer was equal to the first line in the book "A Tale of Two Cities" Sure it was full of rats, roaches, and the heater or cooler never worked. But, this is where I learned to be independent. had my first crush, learned to go to church on my own, failed my first class, made awesome friends, won strongest woman in the world, Saran wrapped people to a trees. and so so so so much more.

7 comments:

Crystal said...

OK. Things that make me jealous, in this post: Mayor McCheese. Mini-cows. How much cuter you and Tara look in that picture than me. Cat tutus. Your bangs. Being in Thatcher. And grandparents.

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

LESLIE!!! Oh how I loved every second of this post! Grandma and Grandpa ARE the cutest couple ever! I loved how you described their visit. It's SO TRUE!!! And, I loved that you included the mini cows, I'm sure they're excited about it. Even Grumpy Mr Cow probably is smiling.
Poor Uncle Dan is still a kid, pushing his wife on the Mc-spinner. That's the best toy EVER!!
I'm so glad you got to be at Abbey's birthday party, she loved having you there! Remember the scary frosting? :-/
Your trailer.....I can't believe it's still standing! I can't believe you lived there. Wait, I guess we've both lived in scary trailers. I'm sure it shaped us into much better people....?

Desiree said...

bahahaha. This post is awesome. Thanks. Oh how I miss playing around in that trailor park. Such a hole. Aren't they building apartments now? Be grateful you got a pic of that trailor...it may be gone one day.

Marisa and Rob said...

I love this post!!! I remember that trailer! :o)Looks liek you had a great time in AZ!!!! Love you're hair!!! :o)

Abbie said...

Where do I even begin with this? This is probably the greatest post in the history of the world! THE mini cows! Mayor McCheese! A leaning trailer! Saran wrapping people to trees! Tara being beautiful and getting married! Birthday tutus for Rhett! (i want one!) You win! Game over.

Anonymous said...

Leslie I loved loved this post! Everything dear to my heart was in it! So many great memories. How lucky are we to have the best part of McDonalds in Grandma and Grandpas front yard. Good pic of them too.
Sorry about your awful trip to and from Az but we loved every minute you were here and soooooo happy you came!

Katie said...

So great to chat today! Let's upgrade this relationship from online friends to offline friends. Done. : )