Sunday, August 8, 2010

Watercolor For Kids

I kind of feel like a nerd putting these up here but I kind of love why I made them. It's also a part of my life that I don't think a lot of people know about. I took art all four years of high school and I just continued doing it on my own. I have no idea how to properly use watercolor because my small town art teacher didn't really know how to properly use watercolor. So I just do it the wrong way.

The first painting is for my friend Tara. She is getting married this weekend and she had asked me to paint her something in New York months ago. One night I was walking to the temple and the American Folk Art Museum next door had a pair of carved wooden angel wings that reminded me of Tara, classic, beautiful, everything wonderful. After I painted the wings I kept feeling like I needed to somehow add a little Leslie, something hot pink or bright yellow... and there you have it. I really hope you like it Tara! This is my Mini Cow painting. My Grandpa recently procured himself a bunch of miniature cows, (did anyone know those existed? Because I sure didn't) and I just got a huge kick out of it and I went around talking about them for weeks!!! Then, I finally had to paint one...see? he is so mini the flowers are taller than him. Bhah ha ha ha ha, I love mini cows they are hilarious and cute!

6 comments:

VICKI IN AZ said...

These are great. I for one am very glad that you put pictures of them on here so 1 we can enjoy them and 2 so that we know this awesome factoid about you!!

Abbie said...

I heart both of them a whole whole lot!

Anonymous said...

Leslie both pictures are fabulous! I wish I could have a print of them to hang on my bare walls. I wonder how you go about making prints? And I can see how marvelous Tara's picture is I couldn't see it so well on the phone pic. I think I am a bit jealous of my parent ond tara.

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

Leslie!! I hope you know that I have always envied you for being an artist. I am not one, and it is something that I wish I could do. I love these two paintings so very very much. I'm glad that you explained the "Tara" painting, because I wasn't sure where or how it came to be. I have to admit, that the 2 you have given me (yes people, I am lucky enough to have TWO of Leslie's paintings) are 2 of my most favorite possessions in all the world.

Marisa and Rob said...

Leslie thoes are GREAT!!!!!!! You did such a great job on them!!!

Curtis Family said...

Leslie, you are so stinkin cute and hilarious! I miss you! The pictures are beautiful!!!!