Monday, September 20, 2010

Last Thursday Rhett took the day off of work so we could go to the San Gennnaro Festival down in Little Italy. It was the best surprise of all time! Our first stop was the Cannoli eating contest. Rheslie LOVES eating competitions! We love it! Is that too weird? It's just so exciting, impossible and gross all at the same time.

In six minutes the winner ate 13 cannolis. These were big ol' cannolis too, not baby wimpy cannolis, giant scary cannolis. Check out other pictures from the event HERE. I found this picture of the event on the website. Can you find us?


See how happy I am!

If you are loving this as much as I did you can hear all about the Coney Island Hot dog Eating Contest on Rhett's blog. I think I was a little embarrassed at the beginning of this post about how much fun I have at these contests but I just made the command decision to be a proud supporter of eating contests! Haters gonna hate right?

This guy is AWESOME! His name is Gianni Russo and he played Carlo Rizzi in The Godfather. He was so nice and fun and dressed like a dream! He calls himself the unofficial mayor of Little Italy. Plus, BONUS! You can look at his website and sign up for his newsletter HERE. You know you want too.

The rest of the afternoon was spent going around to all the booths and eating all sorts of fun Italian treats like spaghetti and meatballs, cannolis, and my two favorites calamari, and bruschetta.

YUM-O!


Oh, and Rhett played a carnival game to win me a stuffed animal. Isn't he SO romantic! It doesn't matter that he didn't win. I just like him for trying!

13 comments:

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

Oh my goodness, what a fun adventure! I'm so proud of you for finally "coming out of the closet" in terms of eating competitions! I'm sure they are extremely exciting, no need to be ashamed! I totally found you in the hidden picture! Yay, fun game! It looks like such a fun day, and can I just say, that Leslie, you were lookin mighty fine!! That pink lipstick you were wearing was super HOT!!! I'm sure that's why Rhett couldn't win you a stuffed animal, because he was distracted by those wowza lips!!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Leslie, I don't know how I could love you anymore than I already do. (since i am your momma) but my heart is full of love. I love you, Rhett, and New York oh yes, I love your cats and I love that you love your cats and eating contests. I LOVE LITTLE ITALY.

Alisha said...

That looks like a lot of super fun!

PS, your Grandma is right, your bangs ARE the greatest!

Anonymous said...

Les you are so pretty! Love Mom

Crystal said...

I was gonna get on here and tell you how pretty you look and especially that I really love your lipstick, but looks like I have been beaten to the punch. So instead I will tell you that we must be soul mates because I so much love calamari!

Johnson said...

How fun! You two are awesome. Hal and I totally saw one of the eating contest you guys went to on tv. That is super fun you guys go to those events. I would too if I lived in a cool city in New York so jealous.

Robert and Lindsay said...

aww! looks fun! ps you are cool!

The Colbys... written by Erin said...

sooo fun! I'm jealous of your life! Seriously... that food!! give me a break! love it

Marisa and Rob said...

What a FUN Adventure!!! Man I need to go to NYC and try all these places out!!! :D You guys always find such fun places to visit..I LOVE IT!!!! I LOVE you're lipstick, I wonder if I can pull it off ;D

Abbie said...

okay, we HAVE TO GO! this city is just so fantastic. i can't even believe how many cool things there are to do.

and you two are the cutest. ever EVER.

i love you.

deb said...

Ahhh!! We went to this 2 years ago and I was the greatest thing I have ever done. Um, fried oreos, what?!? Amazing.

deb said...

I = it :)

ginalenore said...

Holy crap, that bruschetta looks AMAZING!! I want some now. Leslie!! I'm so glad I found your blog!! We should be blog friends. :)