Thursday, September 9, 2010

Please Like Me…I Have Pictures of Cats

I spent Labor Day hanging out at the park with people from my church, eating hummus and playing games. (yeah, no, I didn't play the games but Rhett did!) While I was there my awesome plus friend Abbie came with her family. I really like her kids for loads of reasons...just check her blog and look at how cute they are. However, sometimes Abbie's kids, Eli and Audrey forget how much they like me! Because of my obsessive need to have people and or kids like me I started laying on all the compliments I could think of. When that didn't work I tried giving them things to play with and when that didn't work I knew I had to pull out the big guns! "Hey guys, want to see pictures of my kitties?"

They were hooked. All I had to do was reel them in with awesome phone pictures. As I started the kitten show I couldn't believe how many dumb pictures of Whicket and Kelly Clarkson I actually had on my phone. It was ridiculous and embarrassing. I mean Eli and Audrey had no idea how pathetic it was so that's good, but inside I felt my inner cat lady creeping closer to the surface. All I need is to stop washing my hair and get a big cane that I can shake in the air when little hoodlums get to close to my yard.

Now...BEHOLD... The Cats! In ALL their glory!















(This isn't even all the pictures that were on my phone.) *Sigh* at least I will save on shampoo.

10 comments:

deb said...

Wowzas! How many cats do you have exactly, and how many of them play guitar. I might have counted 2 but also maybe a billion.

PS I liked you before the cat pictures. I still do. :)

Heidi said...

YOu are one of the funnies people I know... possibly the funniest. Besides me.

Heidi said...

and when i say funnies....i mean funniest. now my baby is crying..gotta go snuggle.

Abbie said...

Oh my! Is there any way I could love you more? Probably not. But probably yes because that's what keeps happening the longer I know you - you are irresistible! Even if you stopped shampooing your hair. You win all the prizes in the world.

And E&A are tricking you. They talk about you all the time. Afterall, Eli is naming his daughter after you.

Abbie said...

And! I'm so in love with the picture at the top of this blog!

Crystal said...

Remember when you made your brother show me cat pictures from his phone, and you said, "It's okay, she has cats." It's a thing. Having cats. And having their pictures on your phone. I wish my camera had more memory so I could carry more pictures of my kit-kats in my purse.

Also. I LOVE that Whicket is a messy sleeper. I think he and Edward are long lost blood-brothers.

Desiree said...

You weren't kidding about the photos of cats. Ha! You are so funny! Thanks.

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

Ok wow, so I totally love my niece and nephew, Kelly and Whicket. But what I love more, is that you've sent me probably half of those pictures, and that means you love me! And, I love that you love me. OH, and I love how you always think you have to bribe people (especially small ones) into loving you. Who wouldn't love you anyways? You're aorable!

Young Family said...

Wow! You know what? I think cats have this weird thing about them that makes their owners want to take pictures of them. I am not too fond of cats but you know the one Daniel brought home and I guess we own now...I have a ton of pictures of her too! Weird. So don't worry, it's not you...it's the cats that make you do it. haha

Melanie Hahn said...

HOW did I miss this post?? That was lovely to read and see! You have more pics of your cats than I do, maybe you are going to be a crazy cat lady. But I'll still love you like that!!