Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pink Is The New Matching Shirts

Rhett and I car pool in the morning and we get up very very very early. Before 5:00am early. Which I think is still technically the night before and I am patitioning that the state recognize it as such. If you would like to join the fight against 4:00AM please contact me at http://www.not_possibly_time_to_get_up_yet.com/.

My morning "get ready" routine usually consists of three steps.

Step 1: Roll out of Bed
Step 2: Put on cloths in the dark
Step 3: Grab something from the fridge for lunch

DONE.

This morning I followed my routine to the letter and Rhett and I were on our way. Usually on the drive over I will play a little solitaire on my phone because I couldn't possibly manage a polite conversation with Rhett. (My sister Sarah knows what I am talkin' about.) After about 10 minutes I finally look up to find Rhett wearing the same shirt as me! Thats right ladies and gentlemen we both were wearing a pink polo shirt, and the only distinguishing difference was a small KB Home logo that was stiched into mine.

AAARRRGGHH!!!! It was imbarrasing, but is spurred a rather fun afternoon of family pictures. We tried to make it as classic as we could. I think Rhett's hand on my shoulder is a very romantic touch.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I appreciate your reference to me, of knowing how difficult it is to have a civilizied conversation with you in the morning. I've tried everything I can think of to get a kind response out of you, to no avail.
Oh, and I love the family portraits. They are so stunning, so professional, and your children seem so well behaved.

Crystal said...

The kittens look like they'd rather be anywhere else, than posing in the family portrait. But you guys look freaking fantastic.

Have you ever seen the Awkward Family Photos blog?

Crystal said...

I can't stop looking at this picture. I'm going to look at it every day.

Vicki Johnson said...

I TOTALLY remember this~
sigh smile!!