Friday, August 14, 2009

Why I Can't Go To The Gym

Yesterday evening I put on my fanciest gym cloths and my bright yellow socks because I was going to Reformer Bar Class (it involves a bar with stretchy bands on it). I love this class and my instructor looks, talks, and acts just like Terrie Garr. We took out all of our supplies which included a mat, towel, tennis balls, and the reformer bar. I sat down and the instructor announces "Everyone make sure they signed in!" Rhett and I looked at each other...(Sign in?)

Rhett: "Oh, we have to sign in?"

Instructor: "Yeah you sign in because this is a class you have to pay for."

WHAT!!!! We had no idea, I had been to this class two times before and this was the first I had ever heard of it. It was obvious to everyone that we were non-payers and the women who take gym classes do not like non-payers. In fact the woman right behind me sounded like a mad penny pinching parrot "Raawk, you have to pay! You have to pay for this class! RAAWK!"

So, Rhett and I had to get out of there, and it's not like we could bolt. We had to put all of our things away first... the mat, the towel, the tennis balls, and the reformer bar. With everyone watching us.

And that is why I can't go to the gym.





3 comments:

Jacob said...

Oh Princess, that's the absolute saddest story I've ever heard! Gym Nazis are the worst! Not that I've ever been to the gym. Only the fitness center at EA. But I've heard stories.

The only redeeming part of the story is, you got to meet a parrot half-breed. BRAWK!

Jacob said...

PS: LOVE the picture! Very Olivia Newton John/Let's Get Physical.

Gail said...

Yipee, Leslie has a blog! What a sad, sad story. I'm so sorry.