Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Food Tour" or "The Day I Ate Manhattan"

It was a bright Wednesday afternoon and the Lower East Side thought it would be a normal day just like any other day. What they didn't know was that four VERY pretty, very hungry girls were about to step out of the subway and onto their streets.

Our first stop was at the wonderful Doughnut Plant. A quiet little doughnut shop that was made famous by serving citizens square doughnuts with jelly filling...Not that they will anymore.


When the doughnuts were consumed the girls were still hungry for something more...something with frosting! Dun dun DUN!!!

Sugar Sweet Sunshine was the next stop. I fell in love with the decorating of S.S.S. So much so that the group only ate all of their cupcakes and left the whole cakes for the survivors to eat. I mean honestly, who has a giant picture of Jackie O, and amazing wall paper to boot? The place had to be saved for posterity. It was just too wonderfully quirky.


The next stop was a gelato spot called laboratorio Del Gelato. The poor owner had no idea. He offered a sample on one of those little spoons. Thinking we were harmless. Once we got the taste we just kept eating. (no picture available) trust me you wouldn't want to see the carnage.
After all the sweetness we needed something different. We marched onto Sam's Saigon Bahn Mi. A Vietnamese sandwich shop. Below are three of the four ladies. Abbie was the mastermind behind the raid. and just like snowflakes, no two Ashly's are alike. They both brought unique eating abilities to the table.

It was a great day for me...Not so much for Manhattan.





2 comments:

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

I love your new friends, I will call them Triple A. They have the right idea, I assume, on how one must live in New York! What a fun day!

Abbie said...

Hahaha!! I love you! So much that I stayed up this late to read this post. That was so much fun! We should definitely do it again soon.