Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tara Takes Manhattan

All of the Johnson's were so super excited that Tara was coming for a visit. Including our cats!

Once Tara was safe and all of her luggage dropped off we immediately went to find sustenance at Dinosaur BBQ. It was amazing, yummy, and messy.

Tara and Wicket spent some much needed TLC time together the next morning before we went out.
The first thing we did was visit The Empire State Building. It was super fun and Tara and I went and spent the extra money to get to the 102 floor. It was SO AMAZINGLY not worth it. However on the elevator down they hit a little button that tells you "congratulations you are in the elite 102nd floor club" and I do like being called "Elite!"

On the way up to the top there was a BIG stuffed gorilla that everyone was taking pictures with. (apparently that is what they want you to think right before Gorilla scared the pants off of you!) Tara and I were so bright eyed & sweet that the stinking gorilla just couldn't resist attacking us as we willingly ran into his arms! I started screaming, ran into Tara who started screaming and running and the entire guest list of The E.S.B. laughed at us.


We saw the tree at Rockefeller, which is from Arizona! Go Grand Canyon State!
Okay....That girl in the black jacket is Kate Beckinsale. I SWEAR!!! She was at the Museum Of Modern Art with us and she is SO pretty. Ask Tara... it is her!




Hands Down the coolest sight was the St Patricks Cathedral. It was beautiful and lovely. Everyone should go.



We went to Canal Street! CRAZY!!!! Here we are after with a couple of our amazingly cheep finds! (Cryz, that's my scarf I was telling you about.)

Then we went to Staten Island so Tara could see the statue of liberty and ride the ferry. We made a huge mistake and stayed on the island for dinner...Ghhaallaahhghg...I don't even want to blog about it.


Exploring Midtown!
We also went to the Rockettes at Radio City! It was a great thing to do at Christmas time. They did a huge nativity and the Rockettes really do do some amazing things.

We then went Ice Skating at Bryant park at 12:30 at night. I wanted to be a party pooper but my complaints went unheard and I went ice skating...But get this people, Tara hurt her foot and Rhett was done after 5 minutes! People should listen to me more.

Sunday we went to church and after Rhett had a meeting so Tara and I went home without him...However I didn't bring keys so we went to Central park instead. It was really great and I am glad we got locked out.

Now Tara is gone and I am sad...Come back soon Tara! Wicket and Kelly Clarkson miss you SO much!

6 comments:

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

Oh My GOSH!!!! Where do I begin to talk about the amazing AMAZINGNESS you two had together! I LOVE IT!! I love that I got a tip about NOT spending the extra money on the Empire state building, but I feel it was so worth it to hear about the Gorilla that scared the pants off of you two! I DIED laughing.
I loved when Tara wanted to BE the statue! She is so special!
And, I LOVED that you tried to be the voice of reason with ice skating, and even though there were some injuries, I'm glad you did it.
And Leslie, I heard about what you two did with the holy water at the cathedral! I loved it! And, I love you!
I wish I were as cool as Tara and could come see you RIGHT NOW!! But, I'm so glad she could come, and I'm glad you had a BLAST!! I LOVED all of the pictures!! I love that you share it all with us! Because it's an ADVENTURE in your life EVERYDAY!! You are so cool.
OK, bye now.
Love you
Sarah

Crystal said...

Oh I'm not as nice as Sarah. Everything about this post hurts me, because of my very jealous nature.

Except for your new scarf, which is lovely.

Marisa and Rob said...

FUN!!!! Looks like you had a great time together!!!! :0) I love the cats looking out the window for Tara!!! Next you need to go to the Today Show and be on TV and say hi to me and everyone else!!!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Leslie, What fun! How can anyone resist you and Tara. You're both way too cute. I love seeing all your adventures. Mom

Melanie Hahn said...

WHAT FUN!!!!! Maybe I need to come visit you. But I'll only come if the kitties are going to look out the window and wait for me all day. Do you think you could prep them for that...you know, tell them about me and how much I'll love them? LOL

Abbie said...

You know how much I hate ice skating. Let's do something else on our date.