Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Remembering The Colbys

My first experience with the nomadic culture of Manhattan was the loss of the Colby's. I saw it happen to loads of other people but as the cliche goes (and this post is going to be full of cliches) I never thought it would happen to me.

Erin says she knew we were destined to be best friends because we loved animals, I knew we were going to be friends because we had the same pillows, the exact same style of everything really. Jordan and Rhett were besties from day one because I am pretty sure they are the same person.

Our St George vacation together sealed the deal and we have video to prove it.




Then, like all great love stories ours was star crossed and would end sooner than Rheslie could ever imagine or be prepared for. Jordan was accepted to a dental school in AZ. The state across the country I once called home, my birthplace would cause the death of our friendship.

That's a little dramatic and it's not dead but we don't get to hang out twice a week anymore, and I think we will always be friends, we made enough packs and oaths with one another to stay in touch and share more adventures. We just miss you Colbys and to all my AZ friends, you are SO lucky!

5 comments:

Abbie said...

SHUT UP! The Colbys! The freaking Colbys! Man, what a loss. I'm not making anymore friends because this one hurt too bad and watching this makes it worse.

Isolation initiated (except time with Les, of course).

Rhett said...

"Soak boats" was awesome! Thanks Jordan for putting this together!

Whitney Hardie said...

Ah, I watched the whole thing! I had no idea HOW MUCH fun you had on that trip. I'm jealous I wasn't there.

Crystal said...

Hmph, this must be payback for that one time you moved away from Arizona and left your best friends brokenhearted in your wake. I have pretty much zero sympathy.

Anonymous said...

that was awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!