Sunday, January 24, 2010

Double Date

Saturday was stellar because I had two dates. The first was with Rhett (the financial mastermind member of Rheslie) I asked Rhett on a date the night before because I wanted to take him to Sam's Saigon Banh Mi. It is home to the best French/Vietnamese sandwiches in New York City. I featured this Dive before and I never stopped thinking about it. Every blog post, every conversation and every dream since has been haunted by this sandwich. Did I ask Rhett for selfish reasons? Who am I to say?

After , we hopped over to Kee's Chocolates and tried little heaven drops with flavors like Honey Saffron, Lavender, and Yuzu (a Japanese citrus fruit) A woman in our ward is a culinary artist there. One more reason I love this ward.
While Rhett and I were walking around the lower east side we ran across a psychic. Actually, there is an alarming amount of psychic businesses flourishing in the lower east side. I have wanted to get my palm read for a long time and Rhett loves me so we spent the money on it. Abbie knows how much it cost...no one else should Eek!

Here are some things I learned, I am going to live till my late 80's, I should work with children and I should write, Mom, you are stressed but it is going to be okay. I am going to have a total of three kids and two are going to be twins! WHOO HOO!!!!

Rhett and I had a super plus great time and then I met Abbie for dinner, I found this place called Edgars Cafe, It is known for being the location of Edgar Allen Poe's Home and where he wrote The Raven. It had super great sandwiches (I heart sandwiches) and super AMAZING deserts A-MAZ-ING! Plus an added bonus, it was decorated a little spooky.


Abbie, thanks so much for coming with me!!! You make me happy I moved here.

10 comments:

Rhett said...

Her face really was in a crystal ball, but if your seeing a psychic what do you expect.

Alisha said...

Twins?? Awesome!

Crystal said...

Les, you've always wanted twins. That's so awesome. I've always wanted to get my palm read too, but by a very specific psychic. Sister Rosa, in Santa Fe. She has had a $20 Special! sign in front of her door for the 17 years I've been driving by her place.

PS- Selfish dates are the best dates. Guaranteed good times.

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

As I sit here eating my lunch (the same lunch of vegetables and soy that I eat every day), I am wishing for a yummy sandwich. Oh how I love sandwiches also, and you had a whole day of them. And AMAZING sandwiches, might I add. I can just picture you with your cute little hands holding that sandwich as it is brought to the very adorable, and VERY happy face of you! YUM!! You were just so cute as I imagined the whole thing. And, you are so kind to bring someone along with you, so they could enjoy the sandwich excitment!
Also, I love the phsycic! And, apparently she loves you, because when she put your face into the crystal ball, she saw a most beautiful and HOTTT Leslie!! Who knew you'd be so hot in Crystal ball form!?!
LOVE YOU!! And, I will love your three children. Oh, and I'm so glad you are going to live for a long long time.

Abbie said...

"my psychic said I have a lot of love to give!" best quote of the night!

Oh Leslie! I've never laughed that much in a five hour period. I'm so glad you moved here. You win!

Melanie Hahn said...

Can I just say that I LOVE all your posts. They are so much fun to read and always ALWAYS make me feel so happy. I love you!

Crystal said...

Hey- can you post some more pics of Rhetter eating sandwiches? I look at this blog post at least twice a day. I just can't get enough of that cutie face eating up Vietnam.

The Colbys... written by Erin said...

umm... HI! You found my blog and in return I found yours!!! How cute are YOU!!!! I heart your blog! Fun fun fun in NYC town!:) We just love you guys!

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

So....I just wanted to tell you that I love you because you use words like, stellar and super plus. LOVE YOU!!!

deposit sambung ayam said...


http://www.clubb388.com/