Sunday, January 3, 2010

I DID IT!

I did so many things these last few weeks that I thought were pretty amazing! Not amazing on any sort of important, world saving, life changing way, just in a little Leslie, I can make it, who knew, kind of way.
I had my first dinner party in New York with the missionaries and the Anderson's.
What Leslie Kyte knows and now anyone who reads this blog will know is that cooking for other people is SUPER SCARY to me and sometimes debilitating.
So many things could go wrong right? However, whether they were acting or not everyone seemed to like the food. Thanks everyone for coming and thanks for saying you like my cooking.
After dinner the Missionaries had to go but the Anderson's stayed and we made Gingerbread houses. (or rather graham cracker houses...but that doesn't sound as festive right?)

Rhett and I decided to make a quaint little cottage that sits in the woods, however, because Rhett and I do not believe in the old saying "Less is More" Ours ended up looking more like Liberace's summer cottage in the hills.
Mike is an industrial engineer...Michelle is creative and Classy....Behold their amazing cathedral, complete with a M&M stained glass window.
Christmas Day we opened presents...Okay fine, Christmas Eve we opened them...I couldn't take it any more and I am pretty proud of myself for waiting that long....Okay fine, I had already peeked at all of them days before. Don't judge me, I am weak.

My family draws names for Christmas and since all of us kids are super poor we had to pick gifts for around five dollars and I love that about our gifts because it ensures they are super fun.

Daniel gave Rhett a storm trooper Lego set. To which Rhett said and I quote, "I didn't know I liked Lego's SO much!" Sarah got me this super cute desk top vacuum named Henry and he is better at cleaning than I will ever be.

I made Wicket pose for some pictures with our gifts...
The Storm Troopers and Wicket started fighting with each other...I don't know who started it but... Wicket ended up eating one of them, poor guy.
My mom who loves me very much sent Rhett and I the best gift in the entire world...The.Best.Gift. Listen Universe, if you want to eat the salsa that all other salsa's aspire to be, you will eat El Pato. I thought when I left AZ I would be okay without this spicy paradise juice. I was completely wrong. Thank you Mom, I am forever in your debt.

New Years we went to Central Park. I have never really enjoyed New Years and since it was snowy and rainy and cold in New York I didn't really want to go outside at all. However, Crystal, my super plus BFF in AZ told me I had to do something because it was my first one in NY. Ghah, I was so mad at her at the time.

Her ever reaching wisdom payed off and I am so glad we went out. Central Park was a huge hit. There were costumes, dancing and singing, hot coco and AMAZING fireworks. Thank you Crystal! You made my New Years an incredible one. Love you!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leslie so happy you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. It makes this mother have less anxiety, knowing you are having fun and enjoying NY life! Plus I get to hear all your great adventures!

Abbie said...

OH! I love you! This post is fantastic in so many ways! I love your summer cottage. I want some El Pato. Rhett and Legos - hahaha. And I'm so glad you had a great NEw Year's Eve. I love reading what you write because it really does sound like you're talking to me.

Jael said...

blog lurkers of the world UNITE!
I love it. I'm super glad you commented, it made my day.
Also, I made a graham cracker gingerbread house a couple weeks ago and it was not nearly as impressive as your guys'. Mine ended up being a cube with m&m's stuck all over it, as I am neither creative nor an engineer.

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

Oooooh Leslie!! I am glad I was alone in the office when I read that, because not only was I laughing loudly...I may have snorted and Gaffawed a couple times. What is Gaffaw, and how do you spell it? I don't know, but it happened. I am SO SO SO happy I drew your name for christmas....because I was mentioned in your blog and that makes me a little bit famous....because YOU are famous! You know, because you live in NY and all. Anyway, I LOVE that wicket and the storm trooper battled it out. SO FUNNY!! And, I am so glad Crystal made you celebrate the New Year! HOW EXCITING!! Oh...and that one Elder with the sweater....he's a cutie. ;) LOVE YOU!!

Marisa and Rob said...

Fun!!! Sounds like you had a great Christmas!!! I love your gifts that you got!!! :0) I also love your gingerbread house :0) hey, my blog is private now, I need your email address. You can email me at rasmussenmarisa@hotmail.com

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

Leslie! I just read your post again.....because I am obviously obsessed with you. Anyway, I couldn't re-read without commenting again. I noticed that your friend Michelle is wearing leggings. How cute is that? I have vowed never to wear them myself (It's one of those personal choices, that I may possibly regret later)....but I think they are adorable, and I approve of this new friendship. Also, I KNEW you would look at the presents as soon as they came in the mail...I thought of that as I was ordering your package. Remember that story from MamaLu about the perfume that was a watch. Hee hee, one of these days Leslie....you will be completely surprised, and WHAT will you do then? I know you're scared. WAH HA HAAAA. LOVE YOU!

Rheslie said...

Dear Sarah,

First...How dare you. I know I am on the same life track as MamaLu and I really try hard to pretend that it's not true. Really really hard. You just sent me back weeks in theropy.

Second I still love and adore you more than you will ever know

Third I can't forgive you though just yet

Fourth: Tights...Oh Sarah, I know exactly how you feel about tights..,I felt the same way. But if you move to New York you would change you mind just like I did. They are warm which is the main thing. It is so cold here and on sundays you HAVE to wear them or you will die!

Plus now I see all the cute style you can have with them...I don't think they are super AZ right now so I can see why you wouldnt but...I think you should buy one pair. Just one. See how you feel. It can't hurt right? Plus you are so cute and tiny and oh my gosh if you wore them out dancing...WOW-O

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

Dear Leslie.
First...Only a big sister can remind you that you are like MamaLu, and get away with it.

Second...I love you A THOUSAND times more than you, even though you peeked at the presents.

Third...I will accept that you don't forgive me yet.

Fourth...I don't think I will ever move to New York, so maybe I don't have to wear them.

PLUS! They are ALL over in AZ, Jamie wears them all the time, and she looks ADORABLE!! But, I think when I got out of 3rd grade and they were no longer popular, I vowed to never put them on again, and I have stuck with that vow. I can't betray my third grade self....can I?

Crystal said...

Sarah. You can disobey your 3rd grade self. I did. I think we were in 3rd grade about the same time, and the tights we wore back then were not exactly the tights of today. Back then, they were heavier and knittier. Today's are more like shiny, pretty, booty slimmers. I just bought a pair of purple tights today and I will probably wear them to church on Sunday. I hope the 3rd graders I teach in Primary will like them.

Crystal said...

Now Leslie. I LOVE that you had such a great Christmas and New Years! You're such a rainbow sumbeam beacon of light, and I'm glad you could shine on those Christmas missionaries and your transplant friends and all of the folks at Central Park on New Years Eve. I'm sure their holidays were better because you shared it with them.

Crystal said...

Lastly, Wicket. You look like a pirate, and I love you.

Desiree said...

Hi there amazing sister girl of Sarah's. lol, her obsessive post led me to your blog. I didn't know you had one. So I will now blog stock you. FYI. I'm adding you to my list. Be forwarned.

Sarah, Abbey, and Clara said...

Booty slimmers?? Hmmmm, Crystal, those tights just went up a notch on my list. But still not sure, I will probably start wearing them when they go out of style....that always happens to me.
Desiree, I am so glad you called me obsessive. Because it's true.

Leslie said...

Leslie - I bet your dinner turned out great! I wish you had more confidence in your cooking...I knew we should have forced you to bring stuff to work so we could tell you how super awesome you are!! Besides, just knowing that you put all your heart into whatever you made makes it that much better!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie its me connie I love your ghingerbred house and your hart hands!